Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hello Blog World!



I know what you're thinking, another food blog? What's going to set this one apart from the others?

The photography?

Probably not. I want my pictures of food to look nice but I'm not a pro.

The funny commentary?

Now that one is a possibility, my life is pretty funny. I'm a Massachusetts transplant in Colorado Springs trying to figure out where my life is taking me. I recently graduated pharmacy school with my PharmD and I couldn't be more excited to finally have some free time, ya know and hobbies! Speaking of hobbies I love to run. I started running about a three years ago and have really enjoyed it. I really like longer distances like 10ks and half marathons.  I've completed 2 full marathons and can't wait for the next one.

Well then what? The food. The food will set this apart.

I also love food. Food has been a huge part of my whole life. My dad is a great cook, especially when it comes to grilling and bbq. At my parent's house there are always at least 3 grills/smokers of various sizes and types. Sunday dinner is kinda a big deal. It's just nice to sit down with family friends, eat some great food and get ready for the week. I love sharing my cooking creations with others. My sister is an amazing baker. You can find her at Decorate This! she did my wedding cake as well as the wedding cakes for a couple of my friends. Her cupcakes are amazing too. Every time I come home we also try to bake something together.

Although I can bake, nothing is as polished or covered in fondant. It just tastes good. As much as I love to bake I also love cooking savory dishes. My husband appreciates home cooked lunches and dinners almost every night of the week. Speaking of a husband, we've been married just over 3 years but have unfortunately lived apart for most of the time. Our jobs take us apart from each other on a regular basis but he is now located in Colorado too!


No comments:

Post a Comment