Friday, April 12, 2013

Salsa Verde Chicken

I didn't go for a run this morning. I just couldn't drag myself out of bed...now that I'm up though I wish I had gotten up earlier. Oh well. Maybe I will go for a run after work instead.

The idea of running after work is a good one but unfortunately rarely happens because after standing for most of the day the last thing I feel like doing is running when I get home. Typically, my pajamas are calling my name and I just want to relax.

At least it's Friday right?

The other night for dinner I made Salsa Verde Chicken with Cilantro Lime Quinoa. Brian had rave reviews of the meal, saying it tasted (and smelled) like something he would order in a restaurant. The meal was also incredible easy.


Ingredients
- 1 lb chicken tenders (chicken breasts/thighs would work well too)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 16 ounces salsa verde made with tomatillos (I used the Target brand)
- salt and pepper to taste

1.) Heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium high heat in a large saute pan
2.) Add the chicken, season with paprika, oregano, salt and pepper and then brown on both sides (about 3-4 minutes per side). The chicken does not need to be cooked through at this point because it will cook more later.
3.) Remove the chicken from the pan, add the second teaspoon of oil and add the onions and peppers
4.) Saute the onions and peppers until browned and softened
5.) Add the chicken back in the pan and cover with the salsa
6.) Reduce the heat to a simmer, partially cover and cook for 10 minutes
7.) Serve with quinoa or rice and Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Hi I like your blog and wanted to invite you to join www.recipebyday.com a directory of recipes where you just have to register your blog and appear links to your recipes for you to increase your visits. Regards and Thanks.

    ReplyDelete